Yes, that’s right, this is the year of the GO. I am claiming it now and making it public. There is something happening right now. I don’t know if it is just me or if you are feeling it too but it is big and I can’t help but get excited for all that this year has to offer.
For a year as big as I envision, I have to take personal action. I know this. And that is just what I plan on doing. Here are a few steps I plan on incorporating into my life each day. I encourage you to use these same steps or create a list of your own. But you can’t just make the list, you have to have that list plastered everywhere. You have to make a conscious effort to make that list work for you EVERYDAY- even when the kids are sick, even when your house is a mess, even when you are too tired- because SACRIFICE is required if you want to use your gifts to their full potential.
1. Prayer: I just don’t know how people get through their day without it. I see a very clear and noticeable difference in my day when I give EVERYTHING to my God first thing in the morning. Try it! Even if you don’t know Him, He knows you and you will be blessed for stepping out and giving it a try.
2. Good morning Sunshine: Oh yeah, I made a commitment to wake up at 4:00 am to get my day started. That means I have to be diligent to be in bed by 10:00 pm… oops, it is already 10:11. Hey, I am a work in progress 😉
3. Exercise: Now you know I had to include that one! Exercise isn’t about looking good (though that happens to be a nice side effect). Exercise makes you a better person. Seriously! You reduce stress, you feel more confident, you have more energy, you tend to make better eating decisions. I can go on, but do you really need more?
4. Nutrition: Yep, Even I can do better. You may think because my website has fitness in the title that I have pretty awesome eating habits. I will admit, I may be better than most, but we are all on our personal journey to better habits. My goals will be different than yours. But make sure you are doing your research and finding out what is best for YOUR body- not for the body on the weight loss commercials.
5. Reading: Filling your mind with wholesome words is so crucial. We are bombarded by negativity. We hear it from our family. We hear it from our “friends”. It is on the news and our favorite TV shows. It is time to CLEAN HOUSE! I choose to surround myself with positive people. I choose to read and listen to things that lift me up and encourage me. Do this for yourself. Read just 10 minutes a day for the next 365 days of something that helps you be a better person. You will not be the same person 1 year from now. This I promise!
Live happy. Live healthy. Live the life you will look back and be proud of.