I’m starving….but we aren’t talking about sandwiches here. We are talking about life! Are you hungry to live and lead and take charge of your life? Are you tired of constantly living in the past? Are you overwhelmed and over worked?
You have a choice and opportunity to be more, live more, with less stress… but you have to be hungry.
Some who see me on social media or know me personally may believe that I have it all together. I recently had to admit to some post baby blues on Facebook. It became clear that other women with jobs and kids and families were watching me perplexed that I could just have my 5th baby and pick up and move on as if all were normal in life.
But one thing is certain… I AM HUNGRY!
I know what I want in life and I am constantly revisiting my goals and facing my fears. I love taking chances which is precisely how I became highly successful as a fitness coach. But let’s back up for just a second.
All I ever wanted was to be was a mom. I never had great aspirations of running my own business. I never planned on having a team of 7500 coaches- INSANE! “So how did I get to now,” you ask?
I was hungry to have my energy back after my 3rd baby. I was hungry to have my pre-baby body back. I was hungry to get out of debt. So when I was given the opportunity to do all of this at once with the opportunity through Beachbody, I was ready to run.
I believe we all have a level of greatness inside of us. There is something deep inside of us that moves us. For some it is deeper than others. For some, you have to dig deeper to find that hunger and passion. Many of you have no idea what you want to do or how you should impact the world.
You have forgotten how to dream.
It all begins with a dream… something that gets you so excited to get up in the morning that you don’t even know who you are much less your spouse or your kids. Sure, it may be a little crazy. You may be embarrassed to even say it out loud. I’m here to challenge you to start dreaming. Put your dreams on paper and get hungry for change.
There is NO WAY that you were put on this earth to wake up, go to work, wait for Friday, pay bills and repeat.
I refuse to live that way and I want nothing more than to help others see their full potential and start living it. I can’t change the world but I can help one.
Success isn’t easy. Being the leader of your own life is hard… leading others just plain sucks sometimes! However, achieving your dreams also means facing fears, overcoming excuses, getting up when you are knocked down and speeding past all the others who stay down when they get knocked down.
That’s what most people do you know? That’s why the percentage of truly successful people is so small. It isn’t the lack of fairness- it’s that only a few are willing to work hard and push through when they get knocked down.
I have 5 things I want to challenge you to do for the next 3 weeks. GRAB A PEN or PENCIL or iPhone;)
- Jot them down where you will see them.
- Set your phone alarm so that you are reminded to look at this list everyday.
- Share publically on social media that you will do these 5 things for the next 5 days.
- And PLEASE let me know the outcome! Truly, email me firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me if this helps you start to dream again!
5 STEPS TO HUNGRY – HERE WE GO!
- Wake up 30 minutes early every morning and workout or at least spend 10 minutes stretching.
- Listen to some motivational message each morning… I am currently obsessed with Les Brown. Search for him on YouTube and start listening! But there are so many that you can listen to. Confession, you may find what inspired this blog when you listen to this message 😉
- Write a list of goals every week. Pick a day and time every week for the next 3 weeks that you will do this. Don’t look at your list from the previous weeks. Start fresh each time. DO NOT be fearful in writing even the craziest of ideas. It’s Possible!
- Post something inspiring on social media. Don’t just share a post; share something from your heart. Let people connect with you on a different level. Inspire someone today. We need more of that in the world.
- Speak works of affirmation to yourself. Post post it notes all over your house if you have to. *When your mind tells you that you are too tired to get up, say out loud “I’m not tired.”
Let’s practice a few push-thrus to those mind tricks we play on ourselves:
- When your mind tells you that you don’t have time to workout, say out loud “I can’t afford not to workout. I can’t wait to get started.”
- When your mind says just one cookie won’t matter, say out loud “I can’t wait to have a giant salad with lean proteins and veggies.” Or even better… some Shakeology 😉
It really is the little steps you take that help you propel into greatness. You can’t make yourself get excited our hungry, but if you feed yourself the right message each day you will eventually start to feel the fire igniting. I know some of you reading this are a skeptic to all I am suggesting.
I simply challenge you to prove me wrong. Do all of the things I suggested and tell me you don’t start feeling that hunger grow. I can’t wait to hear from you!